Friday, July 25, 2008

Collin Grows Some



That is what Collin and I went on when we spent the evening at Cedar Point. From 5:00 to 10:00, we stood in lines and rode five coasters, including the Top Fuel Dragster, which launches you from 0-120 and shoots you up 420 feet in the air, before falling face first back down again. No food; only one stop for bathrooms. We were on a mission. And Collin loved it; this was one of his favorites (the other was the Raptor, which dangles your feel while corkscrewing and flipping all over itself.

At some point between us last going to Holiday World and now Collin has grown from a kid afraid of his own shadow to someone willing to try THAT. And it is enormous; we stopped at a lighthouse on the other side of the bay, and the view of the park was impressive from there.

All in all, it was a fun time. Griffin's meltdowns were a bit unnecessary, especially in a campground where there is no good place to hide a screaming kid. Now we're back in town (be afraid).

BTW: For all of the Byers' kids friends out there...do you do any babysitting? Yeah, I'm shameless. I'm looking for help on Monday, August 4 (I have an inservice) and Wednesday, August 6 (the 2nd grade teachers have a workday).

6 comments:

Judy in Indiana said...

I may be able to help a bit. We go out of town again at the crack of dawn Thursday.

Does katie babysit? Whats' a few more kids to her?

If I take little kids I have to have Colin, too, so Noah is happy.

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! and happy anniversary to you and Steph!

Oh, and go, Collin, for getting on that roller coaster!

Aaron B. said...

You bet your blank that I'll be calling you, Judy. And Katie. Cause I forgot that I ALSO have to find babysitting on the last day of summer, August 11 cause I start that day. Fun in the Sun!

Auntie said...

How many hours are you looking for during those days and what hours? I have some PTO time I could possibly take...and if Mrs. P is looking for someone, I could help both of you....

Auntie said...

BTW, Cedar Point was by far my favorite park to visit when I was young. I liked it much better than Kings Island AND Disney Land / World....Speaking of Kings Island...I can get discounted tickets through work if anyone is interested...

Katie said...

I can do Monday if it helps. Wednesday Zach might have testing for G&T classes (woot, I get to be "that mom"). On the 11th I think we have new student stuff.

And Judy's right. I think you'd have to drop off like 10 extra kids before I'd notice.