Tuesday, August 5, 2008

School and Home

Ah, it's the last week before school. Time to start thinking about what to do. Today was the first day that my classroom actually contained furniture, but whatever. I think I'm going to go for the baseball theme this year. You see, elementary teachers can get away with decorating and not be made fun of. In fact, parents kind of expect the room to look cheery and happy.


This also reminds me of my summer to do list. Hmmm, not going too well. In fact, I've done very little of it. I'm currently in the middle of painting the shed, and I'm not getting anything done today with the rain we've had. Probably just as well that I haven't completed all the jobs; these things cost money, and there's never a lot of that at Start of School time.

But being Super Dad (copyright pending), I have tried to get the kids out and about this summer. That's one accomplishment. Thanks to Judy W. for volunteering to watch my kids tomorrow. Is there anyone who'd like to take them on Tuesday, August 12? My first day of school (but not the kids).

BTW, most pic on my blog were taken by my talented wife. My pics are typically crap.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would help you out, but I still have to work...hell, I should just take the last few days of work off and use up my vacation, right? Ha

Didn't you do the baseball theme before? And are you going for a Cubs baseball theme or just baseball in general?

~Your loving sister

Judy in Indiana said...

Baseball is a great theme for a male teacher. It sure beats the Playboy posters they had in my class as a kid.Nowadays the men really have to be careful and keep that stuff hidden in the desk drawer with the booze.

Katie said...

If it makes you feel better, Kyle's classroom last year didn't have furniture for at least a month after school started.

If you desperately need someone on the 12th, I can do it. That's actually my kids' first day (but not Kelly, long story) and then if you don't mind me making them sweat shop slave seamstresses...